Saturday, January 26, 2013

Lookout!!!

If you are an Android user who have any thought for security, you might have come across that name. Its a free antivirus which offers more than just antivirus protection. Since security is my line of work so I have had this installed since I got the phone. I have never liked AVG so this was the other recommendation which I could find having good review.

They have come a long way although I'm just an Android user for just over a year. Every now and then they introduce some new features and today, I just found out 1 which I vaguely remember enabling :p Its called "Lock Cam". What it does is to take a picture of hopefully the person trying to unlock your phone after 3 failed attempts.

Today, I fumbled about when trying to unlock my phone when I was in the lift heading for a meeting. A picture of me was sent to my email and this would essentially work for the next person who might try to unlock my phone without my knowledge. I was a little shocked when I got the notification until I recalled enabling that feature when it was first introduced not too long ago.

This would really be useful if the thief is dumb enough to try to unlock my phone. The location of that incident is also sent in that email although for me, it was quite far off like by a block :p I suppose its because I was indoors and GPS would definitely not work so the next best would be the wifi which I was using but that's also in my office building. So some improvements is required there.

If you are interested in Lookout, you can get it here too :)

0 thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails